Have you signed up for Walk to Tuk? The following article will help you get registered as a participant of Walk to Tuk and get you ready to start making your way along the Big River! Want to be a team captain? Click here for instructions on signing up as a team captain and registering your team.
If you’re reading this news post, you’ve found our new website—welcome! You can follow along by opening a new tab or window on your online (internet) browser and typing walktotuk.com (or clicking here). We’ll walk you through signing up and joining a team, step-by-step.
If you’re a visual learner, check out our instructional videos here.
How to sign up as a participant and join a team:
1. Open a new tab or window on your online (internet) browser, and type walktotuk.com (or click here).
2. At the top right corner of the page, press the “Sign up” button.
3. You will need to enter the information requested on the page.
WHAT IS A TEAM CODE? Entering a team code is optional.
- If you don’t have a team yet, you can leave this blank until you find a team you’d like to join (see section 4. a.).
- If there is a team that you wish to join, ask the team captain for their team code, enter it into this box, and presto! You will be added to that team when you sign up.
4. Once you are signed up, you will be taken to your home page. This is where you can:
a. Join a team
- To join a team, click the “Join a team” button. You will be asked to enter a team code, which can be given to you by the team captain of the team you'd like to join. Once entered, you will be added to the team, and you will be able to see the team’s page!
b. Create a team
- To create a team, please click here for instructions on signing up as a team captain and registering your team.
c. View your team details and team page. This includes access to features like:
- Viewing your team’s progress on the map—Walk to Tuk begins January 2, so until then, everyone will be at the starting point.
- Logging your walking time—don’t forget, Walk to Tuk begins January 2, so you won’t be adding time until then!
- Uploading photos to the photo gallery. Any photos you upload could win you great prizes.
- Creating, or joining, a team walk (once Walk to Tuk begins).
- Exploring communities on the map—simply hover over a red pin and click on the community name that appears to see its description.
Just like that, you’re registered and ready to join a team or create your own! Check back often for more news posts on how to use our new website and what’s happening this year with Walk to Tuk.