It’s TIME! Time to sign up and register your team for Walk to Tuk. The following article will help you navigate our shiny new website and get your team ready to start walking to Tuk.
If you’re reading this news post, you’ve found our new website—welcome! You can follow along by opening a new tab or window on your online (internet) browser and typing walktotuk.com (or clicking here). We’ll walk you through signing up and registering a team, step-by-step.
If you’re a visual learner, check out our instructional videos here.
How to sign up as a team captain, create a team, and add teammates:
1. Open a new tab or window on your online (internet) browser, and type walktotuk.com (or click here).
2. At the top right corner of the page, press the “Sign up” button.
3. You will need to enter the information requested on the page.
WHAT IS A TEAM CODE? Entering a team code is optional.
- If you are creating a new team, do not enter a team code.
- A team code can be used if you, the captain, have already created a team and wish to invite others to join (see section 5). Once you’ve created the team, you can find this code by clicking the “My team(s)” button, then the team name, and then the “Team information” tab.
4. Once you are signed up, you will be taken to your home page. This is where you can create your team:
- To create your team, click on the “My team(s)” tab at the top of your screen.
- Click on the "Create a new team" button. You will be asked to enter information about your team (location, type, address, etc.).
- After you've entered all of the information, click the "Create" button at the bottom of your screen.
5. You now have a team and it’s time to start adding your teammates! You can add team members now, or later, by clicking on the appropriate button (“Yes I’d like to” or “No I’ll add later”).
a. If you choose to add later, you can follow the steps below anytime:
- Click on the “My team(s)” tab.
- Click on the team name, and then click the “Team members” tab that appears under your team’s name.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll see an “Add a new member” button. Press it!
b. If you choose to add now, get ready to add your teammates!
6. The first question you’ll be asked is whether or not your team member will use the online portal.
Should I select YES/NO for “Team member will use the online portal.”? You can have two types of participants on your team.
a. Some participants may prefer to just let you know how much walking they’ve done, and let you take care of the rest. To register this type of participant, you will select “NO”. As a captain, you will need to add their time to the team’s account on their behalf. These participants will show up on your team list as “Not registered”, which means they are not going to be registering their own online account (don’t worry, they are still on your team).
b. Most participants will want to enter their activity online using their own account. This allows them to see news posts, upload photos, create/participate in team walks, and more. For these participants, you will select “YES” when adding their names. You will need to enter their email address to add them.
- Once you have entered your teammate’s e-mail, press the “Send invite” button.
- This team member will automatically receive an e-mail invitation. The e-mail will invite them to sign up and be a part of your team (it will also include your team code). If your teammate presses the “Sign up” button in the e-mail, the team code will appear on their form when they sign up!
- On your team list, these participants will be listed with the memo: “Invitation sent”. Once they have signed up, the memo will change to “Registered”.
Just like that, you’ve got your team registered and teammates added! Check back often for more news posts on how to use our new website and what’s happening this year with Walk to Tuk.