A big thank you to everyone who participated in Walk to Tuk 2020. We had a successful year because you walked and walked and walked and… well, you get the picture! Every year, we offer prizes to encourage you to keep on walking when the going gets tough and to celebrate your success when you arrive at the finish line!
Special congratulations to the following prize winners, chosen by a draw on March 1:
- CANADIAN NORTH FLIGHT PASS
- Winner: Julie Plourde of Out of Service from Yellowknife.
- Winner: Barrie Stone of the Southern Stars from Inuvik
(All participants who made it to Tuk were entered into this draw).
Team Captain Prize
- SAMSUNG GALAXY S10+ (128GB) donated by Northwestel
- Winner: Tom Makepeace, team captain of the Haywalkers in Hay River.
(All team captains whose team entered time throughout the challenge were entered into this draw)
- TEAM LUNCH
- JK SISSONS from Yellowknife (school team)
- Camsell Walkers from Hay River (company)
- LeBad from Fort Simpson (community)
MEC gift cards were also awarded to those who sent in photos, stories or videos documenting their Walk to Tuk journey. Click Here to see the photo and video and MEC draw prize winners.
Weekly prizes were also given out throughout Walk to Tuk. Click Here to see a list of all the weekly winners.
In addition to all these great prizes, everyone who reached Tuk receives a black “I Walked to Tuk” t-shirt!
For more information about prizes, Click Here.